Minneapolis Forklift Injury Lawyers
More than 10,000 workers are injured in forklift accidents every year. Typically blamed on operator error, these accidents are often linked to hazards in the work environment such as inadequate lighting, excessive noise, and a lack of protected areas for pedestrians.
If you have been injured in a forklift accident, an experienced workers' compensation attorney can help you receive all of the benefits you deserve, while protecting you from adverse actions by your employer. At Midwest Disability, our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined legal experience representing workers in Minneapolis, St. Paul and throughout Minnesota who have been injured on the job.
Common Causes of Forklift Injuries
Forklift accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Insufficient training: Lack or poor training of forklift drivers can cause them make critical errors such as improperly turning, backing up, or parking, leading to injury. Poor communication to individuals nearby or horseplay on and around a forklift can also lead to accidents.
- Improper maintenance: Faulty brakes, steering, transmission, or hydraulics can contribute to forklift accidents. Likewise, missing or malfunctioning safety features can also lead to accidents.
- High stress environments: Workers who are under pressure to move a certain amount of inventory or meet orders in a short period of time may cut corners in order to speed up production, leading to an increased risk of accidents.
- Heavy loads: Overloaded forklifts beyond their stated limits can cause a higher tip over risk.
Protecting Your Rights If You Are Injured
Forklift accidents can result in devastating injuries that can affect you for many months and may result in permanent disability. The more serious your injury, the more likely it is that your workers' compensation insurance carrier and employer will seek to deny or minimize your claim. Without a lawyer to protect your rights, you may not receive all the benefits you deserve for:
- Medical care
- Wage loss
- Permanent partial disability
- Permanent total disability
- Vocational rehabilitation
Our lawyers have more than 50 years of combined legal experience helping injured workers receive all of the benefits they are due from workers' compensation. If you have a long-term disability policy through your employer or that you purchased privately, our attorneys can help you obtain all of the benefits you deserve.
Free Consultations | Minneapolis Forklift Accident Attorney
Start with a free case evaluation. Contact our Minnesota forklift injury attorneys online or call our offices directly at (763) 325-1995. We take all cases on contingency, meaning there are no fees until we recover benefits. We handle cases involving all types of construction sites, including home construction, commercial construction and road construction.
Injured Worker's Survival Guide
An educated client is the best client. Learn more about your rights by downloading our eBook.Download Now
Get to Know Us
We take pride in the timely and efficient results we provide, as well as the personal care and attention we offer our clients.Our Attorneys
All cases are taken on a contingent fee basis, meaning there are no fees until we get you benefits.Contact Us Today
Hear What Our Clients Have to Say
They have dramatically improved the quality of life for myself and my family.- Former Client
Their experience and professionalism got me what I was fighting for for years.- Ricardo G.
Competent, knowledgeable, experienced attorney and staff- Betty
Communication was timely and handled with my best interests as a priority- Marius
The staff is very professional and friendly- Judith M.
Over 50 Years of Combined Experience
If We Don't Win, You Don't Pay
Experienced & Caring Attorneys
Advanced Technology For Convenient Client Communication
Exclusively Serve Injured Workers Across the State of Minnesota